Buying or selling a home is one of the most important decisions you can make. Because often, it’s not just a financial decision, it’s also deeply personal. So when we work with our clients, we ask a lot of questions, and we listen carefully to the answers. We try to get know a bit about you, so we understand what your needs are. And then we work very hard, and apply all of our experience (over 100 years of combined experience), and all our knowledge of the local market, to meet those needs.
We also make sure we’re available when you need us, whether it’s to see a property, or to just answer a question. In general, we try to treat each client like they’re our only client, and not one of many. And as a result, a lot of our clients have become repeat clients. Which is one of the ways we measure our success.
Prior to Viewing Properties
- First, we really listen to your needs and we’ll do everything we can to meet them.
- We will thoroughly research and preview the properties that fit your criteria so you are only shown the ones that meet your needs. We can also give you advice on what to look for and what to avoid.
After Choosing Your Property
- Once you’ve found a property you’re interested in, we’ll compile a list of “Comparable Properties” and sale prices, so you can make an informed decision about what price to offer.
- We can also provide you with a list of mortgage brokers and financial institutions to help you find the best interest rate and terms for your mortgage.
Making Your Offer
- When you’re ready to make an offer, we’ll compose the offer for you; including any contingencies you think are important. We’ll negotiate the offer any counter offers on your behalf.
- Once the offer is accepted, we’ll review any Seller Disclosures with you, and if there’s anything that’s questionable on the Disclosure, we’ll get the answers for you.
Our Pledge to Exceed Your Expectations
- We will make a list available to you of reputable Home Inspectors for your property and review the Inspector Reports with you when they’re completed. If any repairs are needed, per the Inspection Report, we’ll make sure they’re made prior to closing.
- We’ll perform any “due Diligence” you ask of us at the County or city offices that govern the property, and give you the results of our inquiry.
- We’ll review the Preliminary Title Report and any supplemental data such as CC&R’s, By-Laws, Easements and Joint Maintenance Agreements on your behalf and advise you of any “red flags”.
- We will see to it, throughout the pending sale, that contingencies are approved or disapproved by you within the required time frames.
- At your request, we’ll set up and attend the final “walk-through” of the property prior to closing to make sure you approve of the cleanliness and condition of the property.
- We’ll review the estimated “Settlement Statement” for accuracy on your behalf, and, whenever possible, attend the actual closing.
- We’ll make sure you have the keys to your new property once the Title has recorded.
And finally, when all the dust has settled, we can help suggest a really good restaurant for celebrating.